Cardiovascular Population Studies
- Funding ID
- Project number
- Helmholtz Zentrum München Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
- Project leader
- Annette Peters
- Short description
The aim of the DZHK project Cardiovascular Population Studies (MHA 5.1) is to identify novel risk factors to improve individual risk prediction. The last years showed that especially epigenetics and metabolic processes have great potential to elicit so far unknown pathomechanisms. The focus is on short-term triggers of myocardial infarction as well as long-term risk factors that influence arteriosclerosis. A junior research group was established to integrate life-style factors, environmental factors, epigenetic markers and blood biomarkers from the KORA study. Their relative impact are investigated using innovative methods. All data is available via KORA.PASST. Tasks:
- Risk factors for coronary heart disease which changes occurred in the last 30 years?
- OMICs and novel methods from system medicine to investigate the etiology of coronary heart disease.
- Environmental factors and coronary heart disease.
- Project type
- Partner Site Projects
- changes in cardiovascular risk factors, epigenetics, environmental factors, system biology
- € 895.595,21