Partner site coordinator:
Administrative assistant to the partner site manager:
phone: +49 551 39 5316
Co-worker partner site management:
phone: +49 551 39 63708
University Medical Center Göttingen
Heart Center at the University Medical Center Göttingen
German Primate Center Göttingen
Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry Göttingen
Max Planck Institute for Dynamics and Self-Organisation
Max Planck Institute for Experimental Medicine
The Göttingen partner site of the DZHK is represented by the Heart Center of the University Medical Center Göttingen, in which the research activities of Göttingen University, the University Medical Center, the three Max Planck Institutes (Biophysical Chemistry, Dynamics and Self-Organisation, Experimental Medicine) and the German Primate Center converge.
Research at the Göttingen partner site of the DZHK focuses on heart failure, in particular the research fields of cardiac pump failure and arrhythmias. Through innovative imaging methods, new diagnostic and treatment options are being developed. Low energy anti-fibrillation pacing will be clinically implemented to control arrhythmias. Pump failure will be addressed by myocardial tissue regeneration with stem cell-based engineered myocardium.
As part of the cooperative programmes of the DZHK, the following research activities will be carried out in Göttingen:
- High-resolution imaging on tissue through innovative microscopy procedures (nanoscopy)
- Real-time MRI to study cardiac function in patients
- Simulation models to predict disease outcomes and therapy successes
- Low energy anti-fibrillation pacing to control arrhythmias
- Human stem cell banks for research into heart disease and
- Development of stem cell-based regeneration with engineered myocardium.
The Göttingen site coordinates large national and international clinical studies with a focus on diastolic heart failure.